Pervasive PSQL Client Engine will not start

Last post 05-16-2012 3:16 PM by lharvey. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2012 1:43 PM

Pervasive PSQL Client Engine will not start

Pervasive PSQL Client Engine will not start on my terminal server.  Third party support asked me to stop/start the service to resolve a problem and now the service will not start.  Event Viewer shows the following error:

The Pervasive PSQL Client Engine service terminated with service-specific error The directory service binding must be renegotiated due to a change in the server extensions information..

Event ID is 7024, source Service Control Manager.  Using Pervasive v11 SP1.  Any ideas are appreciated.

• 05-16-2012 3:06 PM In reply to

Re: Pervasive PSQL Client Engine will not start

Is Pervasive installed to run as a service and are you restarting it through services.msc?

What is the message in the pvsw.log?

• 05-16-2012 3:16 PM In reply to

Re: Pervasive PSQL Client Engine will not start

Doing a quick Google search on the error message brings up what look to be shady solutions to the error message.

Doing a Google search on site:microsoft.com shows plenty of examples where the error message may be returned but in my quick search I did not see a solution.  It does look to be related to Domain controller / Active Directory error of some kind.

As Domain / Active Directory that would lead me towards a security setting issue with the service.  You may want to double check the service "Log on As" property and make sure it is still valid.

As a side note the default Pervasive PSQL requester setting is to NOT use the "Client Engine".  As such unless you have changed the configuration you could leave the service stopped without any issues as it is an optional component.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)