How to get wbtrv32.dll

Last post 04-10-2007 5:21 AM by Ronald_Hoehn@spv.de. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2007 4:18 AM

How to get wbtrv32.dll

Hi,
    the soft ebp couldn't read the file wbtrv32.dll.
    It exists on pvsw/bin.
    I try to install again pervasive 8.6= nothing.
    I rename the file in wbtrv32.dll.old and install again. It don't create a new file.
    How can I do ?
    Thanks for your help
    BB
  • 04-08-2007 5:05 AM In reply to

Re: How to get wbtrv32.dll

Can you check if c:\pvsw\bin is in the path. (start => run => cmd => path)
  • 04-08-2007 11:09 AM In reply to

thank's

I haven't got this file after install
    And I haven't got path.
  • 04-10-2007 4:58 AM In reply to

I think that's an error in the 8.6 installer. If you run it over an existing 8.x install it will run in update mode and only replace existing files instead of adding missing ones. It's a shame it doesn't distinguish between (optional) tools and key elements when doing so. To force install mode you need to uninstall first or hack into the registry.

Also, there is a confirmed error in the installer if you upgrade from a previous version on Windows 9x/ME. Somehow the existing path to C:\PVSW\BIN gets replaced by C:\PVSWbin (note the missing backslash). Although annoying, this is easily repaired by editing the corrsponding line in AUTOEXEC.BAT.

But the missing path phenomenon mostly occurs when using NetWare servers. The logon script often contains statements such as "MAP S1:=SYS:PUBLIC" which effectively replace the corresponding positions in path with a new drive letter, top down starting with Z:. If you are running NetWare you should edit your logon script and replace every occurance of "MAP Sn:" to "MAP INS Sn:" which will insert rather than replace.

I'm not sure if KIX allows similar statements on Windows logon scripts. If you are using KIX I'd like to hear.
  • 04-10-2007 5:21 AM In reply to

Hello,
    I did many Pervasive installations and updates in the last years. Unfortunately updates work different in nearly every case, even on machines who are configured in the same manner.

The safest way to get a well working configuration is to deinstall Pervasive completely and after that you have to use the Delete-function of the Pervasive System analysizer to get a clean configuration.

After this you should restart your machine (even if you are not prompted for this), and then you will be able to install Pervasive again.

Greetings
    Ronald
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)