Error Create Btrieve sample DB with Analyser

Last post 05-16-2006 12:06 PM by swissinc. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2006 1:15 PM

Error Create Btrieve sample DB with Analyser

Hello
    Some spezial problem: On a Workstation with 9.1 workgroup version the requester interface goes but the local engine does give btrieve error 11. I have both access methot set to on. When I test with analyser first on Networkcommunikation on the workstation named AB120 : The Test was successful that has send and receive 75 packets. Next screen, testing Transactional Engine: C:\PVSW\samples -> Give Error:
    --------------------------------------
    Not able to create the Btrieve test file due to directory or file name problem.

Btrieve was not fully tested.

Status code = 11

For further assistance contact your system administrator or software vendor.
    --------------------------------------
    .. but same test to \\AB120\c$\PVSW\Samples -> Goes ??!!

Third Test Relational Engine to the Workstation AB120 with DEMODATA give ERROR:
    -------------------------------------------
    Failed to connect to the database. The server name or the server DSN specified may not exist.

Make sure that the Pervasive.SQL Server Engine on the machine specified is started and the usercount is valid.

You may also need to include the machine name and TCP/IP address that the Pervasive.SQL Server Engine resides on in the local HOSTS file

[Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface][Data Record Manager]No such table or object.
    -----------------------------------------
    I hava made a lot of things to find out the problem. Deinstalation, Regedit, etc. hav not help. Any Ideas?
  • 05-11-2006 2:02 PM In reply to

Re: Error Create Btrieve sample DB with Analyser

Do you see the engine load - i.e. does the icon appear in the tray?

Try running the Maintenance Utility outside of the PCC. Got to Start/Programs/Pervasive/PSQL/Other Utilities/Maintenance. Then do Options/Show Information Editor. Then select "Load Information" and browse to the sample.btr file and see if it opens.

Linda
    Pervasive Software
  • 05-11-2006 3:55 PM In reply to

Do you have a Netware client on this WS?

Could be the Novell Client. From another posting:

There is a patch for the 4.91 SP2 Novell Client that may fix this problem. It is the "Novell Client Post 4.91 SP2 CALWIN32.DLL" patch located athttp://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2973164.htm
  • 05-16-2006 12:06 PM In reply to

Hello
    Thanks for the solution. I have update the NWCLI 4.91sp2 with the 4.91sp2_pk_A Update. Then I have create the DEMODATA DSN Base from new an it works now :-)
    Kind regards
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)